The Lafayette County Commission will hold a regular meeting on Monday, September 23, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the County Commissioner’s Meeting Room at the Lafayette County Courthouse in Mayo, Florida. Listed below is an agenda for the meeting.
By Order Of:
Lance Lamb, Chairman
Lafayette County Commission
2013-2014 FINAL BUDGET HEARING:
1. Open the Public Hearing.
2. Invocation and pledge to the flag.
3. Public Hearing – Adopt the 2013-14 operating budget for Lafayette County.
4. Public Hearing – Adopt the Solid Waste Special Assessment Resolution for 2013-2014.
5. Public Hearing – Adopt the Interlocal Agreement with the Town of Mayo for the EMS Special Assessment.
6. Public Hearing – Adopt the EMS Special Assessment Resolution for 2013-2014.
7. Adjourn the Budget meeting.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMSSIONERS:
1. Open the meeting.
2. Approve the minutes.
3. Requests and comments from the community.
A) Campers on mission (Pickett Lake project).
B) Ralph Adams – request of the Board concerning a driveway destroyed by recent flooding.
C) Brian Kaufman – SRWMD.
4. Department Heads:
A) Marcus Calhoun – Maintenance.
B) Scott Sadler – Public Works.
C) Donnie Land – Emergency Management.
D) Bobby Johnson – Building/Zoning.
E) Trevor Hicks – EMS.
F) Jana Hart – Extension Office.
5. Approve the 2014 holidays for Lafayette County.
6. Public Hearing – Consider the petition by Helene McCray to close a road at 6:00 p.m.
7. Leenette McMillan-Fredriksson – various items.
8. Approve the bills.
9. New Business.
A) Approve the resurfacing of CR 300 by adopting Resolution 2013-9-2-5.
All members of the public are welcome to attend. Notice is further hereby given, pursuant
Florida Statute 286.0105, that any person or persons deciding to appeal any matter considered at this public hearing will need a record of the hearing and may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceeding is made which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Persons with disabilities requesting reasonable accommodations to participate in this proceeding should contact (386) 294-1600 or via Florida Relay Service at (800) 955-8771.
See www.lafayetteclerk.com for updates and amendments to the agenda.
If you would like to read through the minutes of previous meetings of the BOCC you can go to the Lafayette County Clerk of the Courts website above and look on the right hand side of the screen. Sadly, the minutes haven’t been updated since May 13, 2013. Remember that you cannot complain about government if you don’t participate in the process!