Don’t Get Irritated If You Haven’t Participated in your local government. The bi-monthly meeting of the Lafayette County Board of Commissions will be meeting this week. They have posted their agenda on the Clerk of the County Clerk’s website and in the newspaper. If any of the below subjects are of interest to you and/or your family you may want to put this event on your calendar. Find out what you local governing body is doing these days.
The Lafayette County Commission will hold a regular meeting on Monday, October 13, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. The meeting will be held in the County Commissioner’s Meeting Room at the Lafayette County Courthouse in Mayo, Florida. Listed below is an agenda for the meeting.
By Order Of:
Lance Lamb, Chairman
Lafayette County Commission
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMSSIONERS:
1. Open the meeting.
2. Invocation and pledge to the flag.
3. Approve the minutes.
4. Requests and comments from the community.
5. Department Heads:
A) Marcus Calhoun – Maintenance.
B) Scott Sadler – Public Works.
C) Bobby Johnson – Building/Zoning.
1) Federally funded sub-grant agreement – New Hope Baptist Church.
D) Jana Hart – Extension Office.
6. Receive CDBG disaster grant consultant proposals and appoint a committee to rank them.
7. Accept EMS Director applications and appoint a committee to review them.
8. Approve the annual contract for the Health Department.
9. Approve the renewal of the Three Rivers Regional Library Interlocal Agreement.
10. Accept applications for part-time solid waste collection site attendants.
11. Public Hearing – proposed water conservation ordinance.
12. Approve a resolution recognizing November as “Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month”.
13. Leenette McMillan-Fredriksson – various items.
14. Approve the bills.
15. Other Business.
All members of the public are welcome to attend. Notice is further hereby given, pursuant
Florida Statute 286.0105, that any person or persons deciding to appeal any matter considered at this public hearing will need a record of the hearing and may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceeding is made which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Persons with disabilities requesting reasonable accommodations to participate in this proceeding should contact (386) 294-1600 or via Florida Relay Service at (800) 955-8771.
See www.lafayetteclerk.com for updates and amendments to the agenda.